Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Vegetarian Lifestyle

Not many people know this about me but I was once a vegetarian. I started my senior year of high school and was actually a vegan first, but that was WAY too hard for me to keep up with. So after about 6 months I decided to just be a vegetarian. I don't like admitting this, but my soul reason for becoming a vegan/vegetarian in the first place was to be healthier and lose weight. BUT after doing quite a bit of research about vegetarianism I learned about the other benefits of going meatless. I did a ton of research about animal cruelty and even wrote a thesis paper on the clinical testing of medical and cosmetic products on animals.


I was a vegetarian for 3 years and finally gave it up after my first semester away at college. It was difficult being a vegetarian when I lived at home, before I left for college, because I have a VERY southern family! Every meal was centered around meat with multiple sides drowned in butter. But as hard as it was staying away from meat at home, it was 10 times worse at college. I went to USF in Tampa and at the time it wasn't vegetarian friendly, although recently that has changed.

But lately I've been thinking about going back to being a vegetarian. It really can change your body, in many incredibly positive ways. I really miss the way I felt when I followed a meatless diet, which is my main motivation for switching back to vegetarianism. 

And on top of feeling great, how can I pass up helping animals?


No comments:

Post a Comment