Monday, March 12, 2012

My First Venture Into Baking.

For the first time ever I baked something from scratch today! One reason I've yet to bake anything from scratch is because my mom is a big believer in box mixes for cakes, cookies, and muffins, canned frosting or when all else fails just order it from Publix! My grandma likes to bake, too bad she's absolutely horrible at it, so I've never really felt the urge to learn from her.

I decided to use up some expiring ingredients in my pantry and this recipe fit the bill! I cut the recipe in half, because it make a lot! I baked it in a 9x9 in brownie pan. There were a couple of problems with the recipe, it used too much flour and next time I would make it in a sheet try, because the cake came out too thick. But it was a fun experiment, and it was fun baking something that didn't come from a box!

This isn't what mine ended up looking like, they weren't as pretty.

1 comment: